Welcome to freeCodeCamp's forum

:confetti_ball: Welcome to Free Code Camp’s forum. :confetti_ball:
Please introduce yourself by replying to this thread with:

• who you are
  • why you’re learning to code
  • how you’ve been learning to code so far
63 Likes

Is this the newbie thread?

I’m diving into all coding and tech but starting with front-end web before moving full stack and then beyond.

I’ve been repeating the basics from lots of tutorials spread around the web, sometimes helpful but frustratingly limited.

Hello everyone!

42 Likes

Hi… :slight_smile:

I am Neso from Serbia, I have no experience with coding or programming(if we don’t count playing video games :smile: )

I hope that I will learn something new and in future use that knowledge to make living of that…

12 Likes

Sup!

I’m a 38 year old ESL teacher in Taipei, Taiwan. I love my job but teaching is bittersweet and more often than not, a thankless job when teaching children. I long for a day when I can just work from my laptop and be free to roam around this planet, seeing and doing amazing things whilst making a good income online.

I’ve had limited experiences wth coding. I’m a bit into freeCodeCamp, but am also taking an edX course from Harvard, teaching intro Computer Science. It’s a work in progress to say the least. I hope to find out if I’ve got any talent as a coder. Take care and good luck to all.
Travis

28 Likes

HIya world, I’m Eva Lieu from the Los Angeles area. I’m learning code because I love problem solving in creative ways. Been learning code by taking a bootcamp, but I’d like to really solidify what I’ve learned.

14 Likes

Hi , I’m amshare
i learning to develope my skill to be expert programmer
and 2 weeks in learn code

6 Likes

Hello everyone, I’m Felix Lucas from Venezuela. 22 years old.

I’m currently living in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and I have some experience in web development. I’m the developer of 2 web pages until now.

All what I have learned so far comes from Internet resources and books, and I decided to give a try to this promising program.

Also, I’m looking for get involved in new projects, just for the experience and knowing new people. Anything, you can get in touch with me. I may not have the best english grammar but we gonna be able to communicate pretty good.

Best for you all. Have a nice week.

13 Likes

Hello all!
I am a computer science student at Empire State College, I was intrigued by freeCodeCamp after I learned a bit about what kind of credentials you finish up this coding camp with. I am in my late 30s and after almost 20 years in retail supporting a music career, I have decided to try to get a job in tech as opposed to retail.

What I hope freeCodeCamp can offer is a substantial contribution to my portfolio,

At my college I have already learned a few programming languages so I hope I can be of assistance with what I already know, while I gaining more practical knowledge here and hope to create a resume that will help me start a new career.

I look forward to communicating with all of you in the future!

Joe Dobise

11 Likes

Hi all,

I’m Thibault, I live in New York.

I worked in the recruitment industry for a few years, including tech recruitment. It’s… tiring and not a particularly interesting field, so I am picking up web development to hopefully effect a career change in the near future.

Cheers,
Thibault

8 Likes

Hello everyone.

I am Jon, I live in Phoenix, AZ.

I am here at Free Code Camp to brush up on what I thought was forgotten skills. After being out of the development game for a while, but not out of the tech world (I am currently a Systems Analyst) I am looking to revive a skill that I enjoyed in the past writing code.

Thanks. Jon.

8 Likes

Hello everyone, I am Raaj from Ghana. I am learning to code cos I love technology and passionate about software development. I learn to code mostly from books and a few video tutorials on youtube

6 Likes

Hi everyone! My name is Matt and I’m learning to code to increase my skill set for various employment prospects. Basically I’ve been doing the challenges for at least a couple hours a day and I’ve just been putting in the work to get better and learning all I can. Hope to see where it all goes!

7 Likes

Hello guys !

I am Annas, a 20 year-old french student living near Paris. I am also working as a web developer in apprenticeship.
I want to gather more skill in development to… be a better developer I guess ? I am highly interested in IT, and love learning new stuff.
So far, I have been learning code on the french platform “OpenClassrooms”, and at school.

I am also interested in open source development, which I never really contributed to (I opened one issue… Does that count ?) but I look forward to doing so in the future.

I think that pretty much sums it up. I am very happy to be here and my experience with FCC is really nice so far.

Thanks, and see you !

6 Likes

Hi all, I am Anas , i already start enjoying my stay here, I love coding for long and i have been practicing on and off using videos and online tutorials but these time hopefully i wish to go the developer level to find a good job.

7 Likes

Hey every1,

I’m Anže from Slovenia.

I’m studying CS and i want to refresh and expand my knowledge by taking this CodeCamp.

Have a good day every1.

6 Likes

Hi all,

I’m Shivam from India.

I’m an Android developer, now learning web development for an extension to my skill set and may be for some personal projects.

Cheers.
Shivam

5 Likes

Hi.

I’m Basil, a temporary dropout UI/UX Designer and Front-End Developer who often freelances and works at a small local tech startup.

I’d been obsessed with computers as a kid though that obsession eventually branched out towards video games more so than coding itself, but I found myself dabbling with Python and Ruby time and time again until I went for Bachelors in Computer Science last year where I had the opportunity to learn and teach as a hobby.

Though I had to drop out for certain reasons, I’ve decided development to be my main source of bread and butter so here I am! Polishing my existing skills from whatever place I can find and building my portfolio. I started off with Python and Ruby on Codecademy some years back and settled down with C++ for a short while which honestly helped me understand OOP really well. I now mainly develop/am trying to develop in JavaScript and Python, and since I design websites and freelance as a designer, too, I’m trying to learn front-end better so I can create my own themes and templates to sell.

All for the money haha.

4 Likes

Hi, My name is Saitluangpuia Sailo, Im from India, im studying Master of computer Application now.
Im learning coding because im intereted in web development, i want to be a web developer and this site is the one of the best free site i ever experiance with.

3 Likes