[Solved] Heroku can't wait my build scripts - Error R10 (Boot timeout)

Hi there. I made a boilerplate to use in my next projects of backend. https://github.com/lubien/koa-react-boilerplate
But, when I try to deploy to heroku I get timeout because of the time it takes to build webpack scripts
Anyone knows some way to bypass heroku’s timeout?
The message: Error R10 (Boot timeout) -> Web process failed to bind to $PORT within 60 seconds of launch

Edit:

In FCC’s chat we found out that we could use npm’s postinstall hook to build everything on each deploy.
Thanks to @jomcode

I’ll keep this topic to help other people with the same problem :wink:

Hi @lubien , I’m having the same issue. Would you mind sharing more details about your solution ? I’ve tried a few things, nothing worked so far.

You’re talking about building everything on each deploy with postinstall. I don’t understand the purpose of this. I manually build everything production ready before deploying.

As the log states, your server didn’t started after the defined time so heroku thinks it’s dead.

I solved my issue by teaching heroku about my postinstall hook. Heroku properly waits the hook before running the server.

If you build before deploy:

• Does the built code is pushed via git to heroku?
    • If the answer is no: either you have to do it (bad pratice) or teach the server how to build with post-install too.
    • If the answer is yes: maybe your code someway fails to run the server. Check the logs see if something wasn’t right.

Jika Ingin Push di Heroku

If you want upload to heroku add this in your webpack.config.js

Because if not add you will have
error

Error R10 (Boot timeout) -> Web process failed to bind to $PORT within 60 seconds of launch

//webpack.config.js add code like that

const HtmlWebPackPlugin = require(“html-webpack-plugin”);
const MiniCssExtractPlugin = require(“mini-css-extract-plugin”);
var server_port = process.env.YOUR_PORT || process.env.PORT || 5000;
var server_host = process.env.YOUR_HOST || ‘0.0.0.0’;

module.exports = {
module: {
rules: [
{
test: /.js$/,
exclude: /node_modules/,
use: {