So I got my first job as a front-end web developer

Good JOB!
I just joined FCC and hopefully this will be one day!

Great to hear!
and good luck to you!:smiley:

Congratulation!
Thatā€™s my first time in this forum and your topic was the first one.
Itā€™s nice to read it.

Congrats, @TinyRick88 ! :grin:
I have been applying to jobs, but donā€™t have the experience yet. I am hoping that FreeCodeCamp will help me with that.

Congratulations! Hopefully some day soon Iā€™ll be able to say something similar! Way to go!

TinyRick88 Congratulations for the job !!!

Things you mentioned are true & realistic.

I worked as Junior Linux Administrator in Pune, India for a Small Scale Company.

I know it was not a development job , but the part you said about staying confident and explain yourself in an interview is absolutely correct.

I will advice my fellow FCC Campers to complete challenges as something they really wanna do for improving their skills not only to complete the challenge and get certified.

Thanks FCC for everything you are doing.

2 Likes

After you study the rest is 80% audace and 20% skills

Congratulations! And thank you for sharing your experience.Iā€™m inspired!

Thats amazing sir, i really hope to follow in your footsteps!

Congrats! Thatā€™s awesome news and motivation for all of us. Thanks for sharing

Big congratulations! I wish You a lot of patience! :slight_smile: Good luck!

Your post really encouraged me to learn more about web dev and not give up to boredom.
Congrats man!

Super HUGE CONGRATS @TinyRick88. Iā€™m currently on the job market as well and its tough out there! Sometimes going through all the phone, skype, whiteboard, etc interviews can really feel like you are traveling through some heavy mud, but in the endā€¦ huge pay-off. Iā€™m glad that you were able to achieve this. Landing that first Front-End job after putting in so much hard work is very very rewarding. I remember walking out of my first Front-End interview feeling like I didnā€™t know what I was doing. I did a code challenge that was so foreign to me and I was sure that my interviewer felt that I was such a noob, but I can tell you for sure, I worked really hard to do my best on that challengeā€¦ and it showed. I got that job :slight_smile: . I know that you will do well. You stuck to your guns and worked super hard for 6 months straight! Awesome job.

Considering todayā€™s market and competition, its not easy for a person without any previous knowledge or background in code to land a front-end jobā€¦ and obviously, you persevered. Way to set an example for the rest of us - :grin::thumbsup:

2 Likes

Encouraging post :thumbsup:

Inspiring, great job.

Very inspiring! i walked away from Coding for a few months and am now using both TTH and getting back on the FCC ā€œhorseā€. I think the two will compliment each other well. I look forward to spending many late nights in front of the monitors! Congratulations on your coding job.

Cheers,

John

1 Like

Congrats on your success. Hopefully I can achieve what you have in a few months as well. The hardest part about teaching yourself how to code are those creeping negative thoughts such as ā€œwill all my hard work pay offā€ or ā€œwill I even be able to make a living from thisā€, but you just have to keep yourself motivated. If you truly enjoy coding whether or not youā€™re getting paid to do it then youā€™re on the right track to succeed.

1 Like

congrats.I hope one day i will get a job too in web development sector

1 Like

Congrats! Always great to hear stories like this. Very encouraging!

I dont think programming for 15 hours is good. Why not study for 40 mins then do something else so your mind can rest?