Should I learn Meteor?

I am currently in the process of learning Node, React/Redux, and Mongo. I have heard a lot about Meteor recently, and wondered if I should learn it. I know it is a Node framework, and I know I can use React for client-side. Is meteor worth learning, and can I use it for FCC apps?

I would suggest React-native will be a better option than meteor.

I’ve played around in meteor and rather like it. The problem is, there is a lot of magic under the hood that wraps everything together. While it is fast and convenient, if you don’t understand what’s going on behind the magic, you can have a hard time understanding why something works, or worse, doesn’t work

1 Like

I’ve been trying to work on little side projects that require a back end and every time I’ve tried either vanilla JS or any of the popular frameworks I end up hitting a wall and getting stuck. I randomly just gave Meteor a go because it seemed interesting, and so far I’ve found it so much easier to get things done. It has a lot of things that are usually kind of a pain to set up built right into the framework, and I think its a great way for beginners to get an app done without getting too lost.

1 Like