Chengdu - Lead Teacher ruby on Rails (RoR) FullStack program - Part time/Full Time Contact: Allen [email protected]
[Who are we?]
Our 9-week coding program is attended by 10+ entrepreneurs joining us from all around Asia to learn to code and develop their MVP (= minimum viable product).
[Job description – Profile]
• You have 3+ years of experience in Rails.
• You have a lean approach and like to code meaningful MVPs.
• You are used to working with startups.
• You have a good level of oral English
• You are very confortable with git/Github and collaboration techniques.
• You love teaching code and have natural leadership.
• You love clean code and refacto without being an extremist of TDD.
• You are not reluctant to frontend dev & design and you are up-to-date in frontend development. You think great products also come with great design. You master Bootstrap and know how to use it properly.
• You are familiar with Sublime Text, Github, Slack, Trello, Waffle, Aliyun...
[Job description – Mission statement]
You will prepare and run coding workshops in Chengdu on topics such as:
• Code a landing page in 2 hours with Bootstrap
• APIs for beginners
• Git and Github
• Web components in CSS
• T echnical workflow in startups
• Ruby for beginners
We will give you all the material (slides, videos) to help you prepare and run these workshops!
l For 3 to 5 days a week, you'll teach programming and web-development to a
l From 9am to 10:30am (1h30): You will make a lecture on various topics
(ruby basics, Database & SQL, Rails, frontend). We will give you slides and
videos to prepare.
l From 10:30am to 5:30pm (5h30): You will help students on their coding
challenges. Most of the time, students will be autonomous (when they read challenge's instructions, try to understand what they have to code and implement a first solution). Still, they will need your help when they don't understand an error or some important concept.
l From 5:30pm to 7pm (1h30): You will make a live-code to correct new challenges with the class projecting your screen on the wall.
We will give you all the material (lesson, exercises, challenges) to help you prepare and run the classes.
At the end of the bootcamp, during two weeks, you will help students code their MVPs (define their user-stories, split tasks, collaborate on Github with their team, and ship great products).
Here is a testimonial of a lead teacher. It will give you an idea of what the job looks like!
2000 - 2200 RMB per day (inclusive of tax) for a complete day: 1h30 morning
lecture + 5h of mentoring on challenges + 1h30 live-code.
[Get in touch!]
For more information about our program: www.lewagon.com/chengdu