Our expanded curriculum is now live on beta.freecodecamp.com and we need your help QA'ing it

The Basic Node and Express: Meet the Node console has an issue. It refuses to pass me. Or is there any other method to log Hello World to the console?

I have no idea why my solutions arenā€™t passing. It seems like I donā€™t know HTML anymore

Completely agree.

I am 4 projects to finish everything and it would be sad not to be able to finish them just because the curriculum is changed

It even occurred to me to mark the missing projects as done with an empty link and finish them later.
But I do not think itā€™s right to do that.

3 Likes

Oh ok - thanks for answering my question - so I need to sign up for a new account on beta? - Jessi

Will our completed challenges in FFC role over to the beta or at least to the full new version when the beta is complete?

1 Like

I had not known they were thinking of doing away with the Front End and Back End Certs - or having them under a different nameā€¦ how does that affect those who already have one or more of the certs - like myself? I am all in favor of keeping the Front End and Back End Certs - Iā€™m looking into this nowā€¦

I have a question or two about this too - may have already been answered and I just havenā€™t seen it yetā€¦

When you push these to production - will it affect the progress weā€™ve already made in regular FCC? Sounds like all of our progress in the regular FCC (non-beta) will be saved - is that right?

Also, I saw something about doing away with the Front End and Back End Dev certs in favor of something else - I wondered how that affects those who already have one or more of the certsā€¦ my sister and I both already have the Front End Dev cert and donā€™t want to lose it.

Iā€™m excited to see the new challenges - I really appreciate everything you all are doing to expand FCC for all of your students!

Thanks so much.

Sincerely, Jessi

I want to know about this too :slight_smile:

I agree with this - I currently have the Front End Development certificate already - Iā€™m also wondering if weā€™ll still have these existing certs in our profile when the new site goes live.

I agree its still important to have the Front End and Back End certs - just for the reasons you mention. - Jessi

This is good to know - I was wondering and asking the same.

@QuincyLarson I joined with Github and then went to add my email address and it said ā€œsomething went wrong please try again laterā€

@QuincyLarson

Hi - I just had a quick questionā€¦where does the new FCC curriculum leave campers (like me) who have earned the Front-End cert and are in the middle of completing the current React.js and D3.js projects?

I see that the D3 projects seem to be the same, but for example, Iā€™m currently working on the Game of Life, but I donā€™t see it in the beta curriculum.

Iā€™m also among those who havenā€™t done back-end yetā€¦how will that work out for those who havenā€™t done Node.js and any back-end projects?

Thank you in advance, Candis W.

1 Like

No, donā€™t sign up for a new acct on the beta versionā€¦I donā€™t think from reading other posts that it keeps progress. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay sounds good - thanks for letting me know! Iā€™ll just wait then :thumbsup: :heart: :relaxed:

Currently I am in the near-end stages of Front End Development. It has been a long road so far, and I donā€™t want to lose all that progress when the changes go live. How will my effort be preserved in terms of what I should do?

3 Likes

Thanks for posting these replies all together :slight_smile: It answers some of my questions. With such a long thread, it was more difficult to keep track of everyones repliesā€¦

Was this on the beta version of FCC or on the regular FCC site?

You can still claim the current certifications if youā€™re close. I wish I could give you a more concrete timeline, but thereā€™s still an indetermnent amount of QA to be done.