Welcome to Free Code Camp's forum

:confetti_ball: Welcome to Free Code Camp’s forum. :confetti_ball:

This thread was so popular that we had to open a new one. You can introduce yourself here on this new welcome thread.

86 Likes

Hello,

I’m Mike. I’m starting to code again after a long break. I only a knew a basics of HTML before. Now, my goal is to become proficient in JavaScript.

I just started with freeCodeCamp and am on the HTML module.

28 Likes

Good Evening,

My name is Leon and I just started learning to code Oct. 6th. I am so hype about this knowledge and my goal is to become a Junior developer / business analyst. I just reached the j Query section and cant wait to start JavaScript as I want that to be my main language. I really want to get good at this and doing any and everything so I can to reach my goal. I recent graduated college with my BS degree in MIS so I know the basics of programming but I want to go full blown in depth and really grasp the understanding and language.

The boot camp that I decided to join starts Jan 9th and i’m using FCC to get ahead of the game before it starts. Any advice on how to succeed will be greatly appreciated.

29 Likes

Hello

I am Cherry.

I have experience on Java / Oracle / HTML / CSS / JS, but I am not proficient with them.

I have worked out some demos and also my goal is to become a full-stack web developer.:blush:

31 Likes

Name’s Yeshi, graduated with bachelor’s of software engineering 4 years ago.

• Took a long break ever since trying to make easy money, realised money wasn’t just my goal. I wanted to build an application, start a network of people involved in developing web applications and more.
  • I have been using Lynda and now trying out free code camp to get a refresher. I Will be soon taking one of the boot camps, and I wanted myself to be prepared
10 Likes

Hey!!

I’m Zach Rennie, just moved to Dallas, Texas. I graduated in May with my BS in Business Management and I just started my education into coding last week. FCC has been how I have been learning so far, three hours a day. I have also consulted with friends that have CS degrees. I want to learn to code and code proficiently so that I can be better prepared for the future and the technology that we continue to use.

12 Likes

Good evening!

I’m Rodolfo Torres and I’m learning to code! I’ve been learning to code because I’m looking for a career in which I can always continue to learn new things and use them in the real world while adding some creativity and create something from scratch. I’m 22 and have a technical degree in HVAC-R, I enjoy learning how things work and I’v always been interested in technology. My very first take on coding has been with Freecodecamp and I’m loving every part of it! I’m going to continue learning more and more and in the near future, I’ll be a great coder and have an amazing career!

6 Likes

Hello ,

I’m Pravin Shinde from India.

I’m currently working as front end developer.
I want to be proficient in HTML5, css3,javascript, jQuery,JSON and AJAX.

3 Likes

Hello

I’m Allan, just started learning code has been an ambition for a long time to learn. I have looked around a fair bit and found FCC the best entry level training. Enjoying the first 2 challenges and the introduction to how a web page is built.

5 Likes

Hey, I’m Dottie. I’ve recently found a passion for coding and don’t want to wait until next semester to start taking a class at my school! I’ve learned a few things here and there with HTML/CSS, but the rest (Javascript, jQuery, Bootstrap, etc.) is foreign to me.

3 Likes

Hey, Im James. I’ve started to learn to code so that I can move out of the job that I am currently in. I have always had a real interest in computers and did my A-Level’s in it. Long story short I got side tracked by other jobs but now looking start a career as a web developer. I have tried numerous course online but so far FCC is the only that has “clicked” with me.

4 Likes

Hello.

My name is Megh. I have been learning HTML/CSS for couple of weeks now( because I have been busy with classes).But I have had basic knowledge in CSS before I started learning here.

I also have some basic knowledge in Java programming, because i’m majoring in Computer Science. However,I find web development way more interesting than software development,software engineer and other software-related careers.

I’m about to start learning JQuery now. It’s been really fun and interesting to learn so far(way better than Java)

3 Likes

My name is Jake, I love to code. I’ve just recently started and also attend a technical college in utah for Web Development. Going to be coding here for more practice and hopes to have a job before graduating.

1 Like

Hello.
My name is Bruce, I want to strengthen my front-end skills although I am a back end developer now

1 Like

Hi I’m Puneet. I’m learning to code to brush up my JavaScript skills, and also to take my front-end skills to the next level by building real projects.

So far I’ve been learning through CodeAcademy, Pluralsight and Udacity.

1 Like

Hello,
I,m Peggy, I know some basic html info so I want to learn more deep knowledge.

1 Like

Hello everyone,

I’m Prisca and I recently got my Master’s Degree in bioinformatics. I’ve been the designer and developer of a biological relationship database and its web interface for a year now and I have experience with both back-end (PHP) and front-end development.

My goal is to become proficient in web development skills in order to get a job in the field as a full-stack web developer, hopefully working to build tools for biological research. :blush:

5 Likes

Hey,

My name is Ilian and I’m a self-taught not-so-beginner coder. I would like to become a full-time developer and I am working towards that goal every day. All I have learned so far I learned on my own through trial-error and googling.

Glad to be part of this active community. Happy coding! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hello fellow coders my name is Efrem. I’m learning to code in hopes of finding a career. I’m completely new to this but I’m having fun learning.

2 Likes

Hello!

My name is Tim. I started coding a bit back in 2014 for simple websites back in college. I learned HTML, CSS, a little bit of Javascript, and some PHP with MySQL. The most recent thing I’ve done was coding game scripts and developing simple games on the Unity Engine as a hobby. I graduated last summer and now I’m reviewing my knowledge through freecodecamp. It’s been awhile since I’ve touched any web development. I’m having a blast and it’s really exciting to see that a lot of people are jumping aboard. I hope to learn more about developing web applications and also gain more knowledge to make contributions to this community. I’ve also considered maybe working for a company someday as full-stack developer or UI programmer/designer. We’ll see… :smiley:

Thank you!

2 Likes