Welcome! Please introduce yourself here

Hello all,

who you are
My name is Mike I am a retired fire fighter paramedic from the US living in Peru, South America. I am an undergrad in IT-Security and I plan to work freelance security/hacking while living abroad.

why you’re learning to code
My friend and I started a company where we built the first web based data collection application for fire and emergency services organizations. We taught ourselves everything from web application development to system administration and I got hooked. I am completely self-taught but my knowledge is all over the place. I want to refine my skills and focus on programming and enterprise security.

how you’ve been learning to code so far
Any way I can. Books, tutorials, VM labs, I use it all. I completed the first part of FCC today and was happy to see that there were no surprises for me. I would like to focus on pyhon, node.js, ruby, etc. but I am happy to follow the program here. Plus I like the idea of the community here. If there are any of you with a articular interest in security and ethical hacking, give me a shout!

Hi :slight_smile:
I’m very Happy for start in Free code camp!!!

Hi Shawn! Nice to meet you! To the point: I’d like to start learning Go, how would you reccomend me to get started? Tutorials, Videotutorials, Documentation, Books, which one worked for you? I’m a self-taught too so your advice would be appreciated…
Thanks!

Good luck and happy learning! :sunglasses:

Hi Everyone! My name is Kat, I live in Los Angeles and currently work as a development assistant at a TV network. I’m learning to code because I remembered it was something I used to be excited about before I was pursuing my current field. I’ve been mostly using free code camp to learn; I love it so far and am excited to keep learning.

Hello Campers,

I am Tojosoa from Madagascar and I am 18 years old.

Why? I am passionate about Technology. And I think Web Dev is a great way to explore the world of Technology since there are so many paths one can follow depending on their interests.
How? I am now finishing my front-end projects and looking forward to start back-end.

hi.i’m amr

i’m a college student
i’m learning coding so i can do more and more in the favour of development

I recommend the tour. It’s a great place to start.

There’s also the book by Donovan and Kernighan, which is pretty much the book because of its pedigree.

Also, maybe find someone enthusiastic about Go who can answer your questions. I’m not sure where you’d find one of those, though… :wink:

Thanks! I’ll get started soon. Once I learn the basics of it I’ll contact you again, haha…

Hi!
My name is Tariq and I just starting learning to code. FCC has made it a lot easy for me to actually decide to start. I am learning to code because I simply enjoy it and want to start a new career being a web-developer.
So I started with a friend’s advice using FCC website and it really got me boosted conquering one step after the other.
I am glad to be here :slight_smile:

Hello fellow coders! My name is Marcus, and I came across this site from a blog post by Florian Beijers, a blind programmer. I taught myself HTML about 16 years ago and then started to pick up CSS, until I finally ended up where I’m at right now - learning computer programming, especially web development. I’ve always been very intrigued by the internet and fascinated by the interactivity, dynamics, and graphic design elements all combined. I am currently going to school at Metropolitan State University in St. Paul, Minnesota. I have completed a few courses on codecademy.com and Code School, and just looking to reinforce and expand on my foundations with freecodecamp.com.

Timmy,15 years old
Why Learn To Code?

I am learning to code because technology is such a fascinating and growing industry.I believe that by learning to code I will have an easier time understanding and taking advantage of trends in the industry.I also enjoy learning to code because it offers fun and creative challenges that can be solved alone or with a team.

How Have I Been Learning So Far?

I have tried many different sites but they mostly appeared to be too ambiguous to understand.I am a very curious person who enjoys to understand why I’m doing something so not knowing the reason behind something makes it hard for me to learn.Now that I have found this site I am having a much easier time coding since it explains better than other sites.

Who?
Willyan Rodrigues

Why?
I love coding

How?
Books, GitHub, Google

Hello my name is Brian Ramirez. I am learning to code because i think I have a great idea for a new social media website and I want to be able actually make it myself. Im very grateful from freecodecamp for helping me learn. I can’t seem to get past the first painfully boring prerequisites in university. Thank you I really appreciate the knowledge

Hello campers,

I am George (w0nd3rfan), am retired and am interested in coding to augment my income and i have always been fascinated in computing, Designing apps and web pages i can relate to, however algorithms remind me of my age limitations unfortunately.

1 Like

Hi Everyone, or should I say Hello World!

My name is Ben! I’m learning to code because I’m looking for something fun and exciting and want a change to a career that I enjoy.

Everything has been self study so far. FCC has been my favorite website I’ve stumbled upon! I’ve heard wonderful things about the community :slight_smile: I’ve also used Team Treehouse and a few others.

I look forward to learning with you all!

1 Like

Hi everyone!

My name is Taylor and I am a rising sophomore at Wake Forest University. I’m learning to code because I became interested in coding in high school, and after taking a computer science course knew I wanted to learn more but didn’t have time in my college course schedule. So far my only experience is the high school comp. sci. course I’ve taken and a few hours of practice on free code camp!

Cant wait to meet some of you!

2 Likes

Hi I’m Rick. I’m a former jarhead who loves all kinds of technology. I’m looking to get into web design because it looks fun to mix art and technology, both of which I’ve had a knack for since I was young. So far I’ve tried a few online sites to learn to code but I am making more progress on FCC than I do when listening to lectures or stopping coding for videos. Rock on!

1 Like

Hi, my name is Cara. I am learning to code again because I have a passion for creating and learning and also know with all my heart that I would enjoy a successful career as a software developer. I started coding at an early age when I was 7. I learned Turbo Pascal and was proficient at OOP. I was very intensely interested in becoming a game developer at that time. I learned Turbo Assembler and used it to write very efficient code. I was very interested in pipe-lining and learning anything and everything about squeezing more performance out of the processor. Later on in my life I hit a very difficult time for many, many years and was torn away from those dreams. Now I’m working on stitching myself back together and rekindling my spirit for creating.

Hi! I agree. I have much more interest in using FCC to learn to code. It is for real!